Friday, April 8, 2011

Faster Means Slow

One of the games I play on Facebook has had its share of bugs and glitches. They seemed to have everything fixed up for a long period of time and that was great. Now, whenever you go to start the thing the page says it is now faster than ever because they have listened to the players. Sounds good.
The game now loads slower than ever, like it did at the beginning of my playing it. Sometimes the characters are invisible or they walk backwards. Sometimes the food that I have been cooking is not there! Makes it hard to play the game this way.
Faster now means slower I guess in the tech world. Kind of like new and improved products that seem the same as they were in the first place.
I do hope that the folks at Zynga get it straightened out. I like playing that game but I don't want to spend that much time waiting for everything to load properly.
Do me a favor, tech people...don't improve things. Listen to the old adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

No comments: