Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm An Idiot

Probably wasn't much doubt of that to anyone that knows me, but it is the truth, I am an idiot.
Had a terrible day so far. Woke up much later than we had all intended to with a spine that hated me. I could hardly move. Went into the living room and collapsed in my chair.
Had a cigarette as usual, got up and managed to get to the kitchen for a cup of coffee and came back to this chair and my laptop. So far, so good.
Then I had a coughing fit. A lot of mucus in there again, dammit. This upset my lovely wife who decided this was a good time to bitch at me about smoking too much. This did not sit well with me and I got bitchy back. This upset my wife greatly and she went into the bedroom and got dressed and left the house.
The girl came back a few minutes later and got on my ass, being she is 19 and an expert on love and all. I wasn't buying anything she was telling me so I told her to tell her Mom to get her ass back in the house. She told me that wasn't likely to happen and that made me angrier so I just said that's too damn bad and went to use the bathroom.
I got dressed and called a cab so I could go and cash my check and get the money order so I can pay the rent. I have had several phone calls and test messages from the girl so I know that they are okay although I know that they are still very angry with me.
*sigh* I am an idiot, what can I say. My Irish temper is no good, nor is my German stubbornness. Although I am feeling fine as far as the coughing goes, I do not feel fine as far as my wife is concerned. I screwed up and I am an idiot.

No comments: