Friday, November 5, 2010

Eighty-Seven

Nope, not my age nor my I.Q. thank you. Eighty-seven is the number of updates Window had to install on Shelly's new computer just to bring it up to date.
I have no clue what all it updated beyond the things I recognized right off like the Flash Player, but I can say that it took almost an hour to install them all. That's using a high speed connection. On dial-up I would imagine you would set it up to run all night long and go to bed. Hopefully it would be completed by the time you woke up in the morning.
Before i updated Windows, knowing that would take a lot of time, I added three browsers to her computer so she can pick and choose which one she wants to use. I also downloaded AVG Free so that the computer is protected while she surfs the net. I wanted to download Skype but I couldn't remember her email address for Skype so I guess we'll have to add that one later.
All in all I think it was time well spent. I am so very happy that the computer works. Now all she needs is a new monitor and she will be good to go.

No comments: