Thursday, November 11, 2010

Netbooks

After the fiasco with my last computer purchase where it took over one month to actually get a working computer but still no monitor I realize that I should have gone with my first inclination which was to look at netbooks.
I bought an older laptop a while back thinking that was a nice purchase because the computer is portable. It was a nice idea but, because it was an older laptop, the monitor on it doesn't work most of the time. Part of that, I'm certain, is because my daughter used it almost all day and evening and she is careless of how to treat electronic devices. For instance, she sees nothing wrong with coming in the door and tossing her cell phone or Cd player across the room hoping it will land on her bed. The laptop perhaps never stood a chance.
Netbooks are like laptops, they are portable and are a complete computer. Unlike laptops though, netbooks tend to be more durable and can withstand some bad treatment here and there. Looking at the netbooks on this website I see that, for a bit more money, I could have gotten a very nice portable netbook that has a much larger hard drive and more memory than the PC I bought. I'm sure that one of these netbooks might actually outlast the PC I bought also.
Live and learn, I suppose. A hard lesson too. My wife is happy with the PC I bought her but I'm willing to bet that she, and our daughter, would be much, much happier with a netbook. So, I am now saving my money up for a netbook.

No comments: