Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Gave Up

Tired of dealing with that computer company in Arizona I finally gave up. I realize full well that no monitor is ever coming to my house from them so the whole thing just becomes a live and learn experience, water under the bridge, move forward.
I found a good deal on a refurbished monitor for the girls. It comes with a keyboard and a mouse which I truly need. The keyboard, anyway. The monitor is a Dell so it should be a nice durable, long lasting monitor. I have my fingers crossed at least! And the nice part is that it is a 17 inch monitor so that should help my wife with her bad eyesight.
The only bad part of the monitor is that it is a CRT monitor, not a flat screen, so it will require more space wherever we set up the computer. But, the best part was the entire package was only forty dollars and it has free shipping. (Please, God, let UPS find my house this time!)
In the meantime the girls seem very happy to be online with their computer. What I do is, each night before I go to bed, I switch the monitor over to their computer. In the mornings while I am sleeping they are able to do the things they wish to do online. Then, once I am up and have had my coffee and visited with my wife for a while we switch the monitor back to this computer. All is good this way :)

No comments: