Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Have You Ever?

Many, many years ago there was a Creedence Clearwater Revival song that asked the question "Have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day?" It always made me chuckle because I had seen such a thing!
I saw the same thing this morning too. Looking out the kitchen window I could see that the sun was out, there were some scattered clouds here and there and it was very windy and looked rather cold outside in spite of the sunshine. Then, all of a sudden, with a burst of wind here came the rain falling from the sky. It was still sunny and bright but it was raining!
One of the things I enjoy about the desert is that Nature just does whatever it wants to do. It rains when it is sunny. When people throw their old trash out in the middle of it, Nature grows things around it, through it, wherever it wants. The desert is amazing that way. No matter how much we build things here I seriously doubt that Man will ever figure out how to completely destroy this desert.
Now, I ask you, have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day?

No comments: