Friday, February 25, 2011

Long Winter

This year seems to be quite different than past years. Perhaps because I have been hospitalized twice this Winter. But, it's hard to avoid being ill, this Winter has been way too long and does not seem to be ending any time soon.
Right now it is very cloudy outside and windy and way too cold for the time of year. Tomorrow it may snow!What the heck is going on with my desert? It already snowed early on in the Winter, no need for it to do that again. I know that the snow will melt quickly but I see no need for any of it LOL.
I am feeling better every day which is certainly a good thing. I hate being sick like anyone else does but I also hate more having to go to the hospital. The ambulance ride is not that much fun and having the oxygen mask on one's face is NO fun at all.
The one blessing of the last hospital visit is that they did an echo cardiogram of my heart and it appears to be in excellent shape according to the technician doing the testing. Heart problems run in my family so I was very relieved to hear that. I also was amazed at just how fast that heart of mine was pumping! I have always had low blood pressure and watching my heart pump that quickly makes me wonder how fast a heart would pump with high blood pressure. No wonder high blood pressure patients have so many heart problems.
Now I am off to drink some coffee and try to stay warm against these harsh Winter conditions. I wish someone would tell Mother Nature that it is almost March, time to be getting warmer, not staying so cold.

No comments: