Thursday, March 31, 2011

Power Out

Even though it is officially Spring, Winter appears to be dragging it's heels in leaving many parts of the world. The game site where I am a chat moderator has Mods from around the globe and, with that, different seasons and different weather. One of the things that plagues us is power outages that the weather can cause, either from snow or rain or tornado-like winds.
In my own case, it wasn't bad weather that caused me to lose power one night right in the middle of my shift. It was bad driving. Someone that more than likely should not have been driving hit a power pole and blew out the transformer causing my entire neighborhood to be dark. How much nicer it would have been for me to have a yamaha generator so that when the power went out I could be back online in moments.
If I lived in the East Coast where the weather is always terrible during the Winter I would definitely have one of these generators handy. You never know when you are going to lose power, or why.
This site also has other delights that would be useful for folks that live in the snow three or more months per year, like snowblowers. If you, like me, rarely worry about snow, they also have some lawn tools like leafblowers and lawnmowers that can come in very handy.
Don't be without power ever again. Equip your house with a generator and then relax if and when the power goes out.

No comments: