Monday, May 23, 2011

Gone Too Far

I am certain that most readers can remember when their parents wanted them out of bed and yelled at them to do just that, get out of bed. I guess those days are gone. The other day we all slept in as it was the weekend and no one had anything they really needed to do. I got up and went to the bathroom then decided I still wanted another hour or so of sleep so I crawled back into bed. My wife asked if I was going back to sleep and I said "yes". A few minutes later, just starting to doze back off I heard my wife's voice saying to our daughter that she needed to get up now. There was no parental screaming, she was calling her on her cellphone! This seems sad to me, I mean, the girl is in the other room of a very small house. She has to be called on her cellphone instead of being yelled at? Oh, brother!
Now this morning my daughter comes out to the kitchen and sits down at the other computer to do whatever it is she does online. Amazingly, she also has the Ipod on and is doing something online there too. Multi-tasking? yeah, right. Here is a picture:



As you can see, she is listening to music on the computer while watching a video on the Ipod. Me thinks people have gone too far with computerized things!

No comments: