Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gotta Love Idiots

Last night in the chat lobby a player came in causing minor mischief so I asked them to behave. I also told them to go read the lobby chat rules so that they could learn to behave. Their response was to ask me if all of the moderators are as strict as I am. This made me chuckle as I am one of the most lenient mods the site has.
He really wanted to argue everything I said so I gave him a soft boot, meaning he is kicked off the site but can log back in and chat right away. Often this soft boot gets the point across to the players that the mods are serious when they say to behave. Not this guy!
He came back in and wanted to disrupt the lobby some more by arguing everything and with anyone that spoke to him. So my partner booted him again, this time for 3 hours! I also turned his name in to Support to see if he was a multi account, meaning he has more than one account with the same ISP address. This is a normal procedure for people that get to rambunctious in the chat areas.
A short while later another player came into the lobby that none of us had seen before inquiring what was up with the player that had been booted. So, after a bit of banter and some talking amongst the mods on Skype, we booted this one too and I added his name to the previous Support ticket.
No big surprise, this morning I got email from the Support person that, yes, indeed, both accounts have been closed as they are the same person.
I love it when the idiots make my job easier.

No comments: