Monday, July 23, 2012

Donate That Vehicle

I have had more than my fair share of junkers, cars and trucks that needed more repairs than they were worth. They cannot just sit around gathering dust and mildew around here, they must be removed from your property after a certain time frame or the city will fine you for it. Usually I have had older cars so the junkyard people that were willing to buy it wanted to give me next to nothing. Many times when I had a family I took the money but always regretted it. Once my kids were all grown and it was just me I found a better way to get rid of these cars and trucks that I couldn't afford to repair, I donated them to charity groups. Making a charitable car donation is very easy to do and the charity will actually come and tow the vehicle away! No paying for towing charges, no need to pay anything at all. Easy. The charity will give you a tax receipt for your charitable donation, whatever the market value of your vehicle is. So, you actually save money donating. Carangel also accepts old boats as a donation, in case you have one of those sitting around doing nothing. Or, if you are in the market for a boat you can find some bargains on the website. Heck, I saw a boat in Pennsylvania for sale for under thirty dollars! Now that is a bargain!