Friday, July 27, 2012

Sunburn???

My computer set up is in my kitchen right beside a West facing window. This means that it is nice and cool early in the morning and hotter than Hell come late afternoons. One side of my body gets, as you can imagine, an enormous amount of sunshine on it. I have been rather crispy for a while now but haven't let it bother me as I would rather be on the computer. This afternoon I swiveled my chair to talk to my wife and daughter and the child lets out with an "Oh my God!" and grabs my arm like she just saw something horrific. She twists it around and tells her mother that I am sunburned lol I tell them both it is no big deal I have been burnt for a while now, yada, yada, yada. My daughter, who has read way too much BS about the sun and skin cancer goes into the other room, comes back in and grabs my arm and starts slathering lotion on it in spite of my constantly saying "ewww". I am not a lotion kind of guy lol We all did have a chuckle though over how the daughter does not ask me for permission to do this, she just grabs the arm and does it. Her excuse is that she knew if she asked for permission I would have said no. Got to love that young female logic lmao