Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympics

Hot topic today is the start of the Olympics. I wish I could care but I do not. I liked the Olympics a little bit when I was a kid but the older I get the more I could care less how they go. Maybe it's because they have changed through the years. It used to be all amateurs but not now. Seems like, with the persistent encouragement of a certain country professional athletes are now allowed. So, I wonder, what's the point? Who cares who wins the medals now? Be more entertained watching the Special Olympics. Those people put their hearts and souls into the games and they don't care about anything but having fun. If they win they are excited. If they lose they are excited for the person that won. The Special Olympics athletes could really humble the regular Olympic athletes, both amateur and professional.