Sunday, July 1, 2012

Memory

So, I bought 2 new computers, one for my wife and one for me. Hers I set up and it runs like a charm and she is thrilled to death. Kudos for me :) Mine however refuses to boot up no matter what I do and, believe me, I have done a lot! I keep getting awful error messages that make it impossible to do a Recovery or to do a whole new setup of Windows Xp. Very frustrating! So today I went through all the hassle again and copied the error message I got so that I could come back to this computer and do some Googling and research. I am happy that I did. It appears that these error messages may have something to do with faulty memory chips or dirty memory chip[s or something along those lines. So, later, when I have the time and energy and the ability I will pull the memory chips out one by one and check them. I also will try to start the computer with each memory chip missing and see if that helps. Gotta love computers...