Monday, December 8, 2008

I Hate Moving!

The house is a disaster area. tempers are getting shorter, mine especially. What to take, what to leave behind, this is the worst of it all. Some things are more important than others, furnishings and clothing of course. You need a place to sit and sleep and you can't spend all your time naked.
Then there are those odds and ends that you have collected through the years, like my sports memorabilia that might be worth a lot of money someday. I surely don't want to leave that behind! Then there are the tools in the garage, rarely used, but still important. Not much more frustrating than having an emergency and not having tools to fix the problem.
My head spins at the thought of what we are doing. But, it must be done and it must be done soon. Today is Monday, the power will be turned off Wednesday and power to the new house will be on then. We need to move as much as we can by then. The rest of it can be moved later, but only during the daylight hours. But, I truly do not want to leave anything important here thinking I'll be able to move it later. I have no doubt that if someone is not physically on this property then scavengers will have a field day and things will go missing :(
So, that's that. Too much worry over things. Will I remember everything? Will I miss the stuff I leave behind? Only Time will tell on that. In the meantime, I must say...
I HATE MOVING!!

No comments: