Saturday, December 27, 2008

Isn't It Ironic

Some posts are very easy to write, while some posts make me stop and ponder the ironies of life. This is one of the latter.
Anyone that knows me, or has read my sports blog called The Real Skinny knows that I am a die hard Pittsburgh Pirates fan. And, given my age, you would automatically know that if there is one team that I hate more than any other, it is the New Yourk Yankees. The team that couldn't be beaten by a bunch of old has beens called the Pirates, but who did go down in defeat. But, that is ancient history.
Now, as then, there are a few players on the Yankees team that I actually like, like Jeter. Jeter is a true gentleman of the game, he gives his all and when things go bad he points the blame where it belongs, on himself and the players. I like his honesty.
By now, of course, you are most likely scratching your head wondering why, since it is Winter and barely past Christmas Day, I am writing about the Yankees. Simple. This post is to inform you that Spring will soon be here and now is the time to think about getting your New York Yankees tickets.
Be it for Spring training down in sunny Florida, or the regular season, which the Yankees will play in their brand new ballpark, now is the time to get them tickets. Why? Because, tickets to Yankee games always go quickly, but I do believe this season they will sell out even faster given the history made as they open a new ballpark.
So, whether you love them or hate them, the Yankees are the team to watch and you must believe that there is nothing more exciting for a baseball fan than to be sitting in the stadium cheering (or booing) the team on. Yes, I know it isn't polite to boo baseball players but Yankee fans do it all the time so it must be okay.
So, don't just sit around waiting for that New Year's Eve party and the hangover of New Year's Day. Get to the website (click the link above) and get ready to celebrate a piece of history at the new Yankee Stadium in 2009. Hurry, before all the great seats have sold out!

2 comments:

itsreallymefifty said...

Well don't I wish I was American! LOL Even so, ... don't hate me, but I'm a Yankees fan!
However, it's winter. So how about those Detroit Lions? ROFL

fwidman said...

I don't hate Yankees fans, my daughter is a fan too. Although I think that is only because she thinks A-Rod is hot LOL