Saturday, April 3, 2010

Almost time

Just another day or two and the regular baseball season will have started. I'm excited! I love watching baseball and I enjoy reading about the players.
I am looking forward to the new season and seeing if my poor team, the Pittsburgh Pirates, can finally have a winning season and stop the losing streak! Hopefully the management will not mess around this year but I'm sure that is just wishful thinking on my part.
They put all the pieces together then try their best to re-arrange the puzzle and end up wondering why it didn't work. One day, fans hope and pray, they'll figure it all out. When something works, why fix it? Baseball is sometimes like software, people always feel the need to tweak it. Wish they'd leave things be.
I hope the players will simply go out on the field and have fun. This is what they have been dreaming of doing since they were kids in Little League. They need to realize that they are as good as anyone else on any other team. They also need to realize that they have no pressure whatsoever. None of the so called experts expect the Pirates to do anything this year, or any year actually, so why stress out? Take the field and have fun. Just relax and play your position to the best of your abilities.
The bottom line, for me, is that no matter what happens, win or lose, brilliant or suck big time, you still will be my favorite baseball team. Even though I have spent most of my life living in Dodgers territory, I have always been and will always be a Pirates fan.
So, as the new season gets ready to start I say... LET'S GO BUCS!!!!

No comments: