Monday, January 24, 2011

Easy, My Foot

I've been working on using my Ubuntu program for a while now and I really do like it. It makes most things I do online so much faster than XP ever could. For instance I can take care of three Zynga Cafe Worlds as fast as I used to do one on XP. What a great time saver!
Unfortunately for me Ubuntu is not Java friendly. The game site where I moderate chat is a Java program of some sort and will not run on Ubuntu. I did find some instructions from one of the players on how they got theirs to work with Linux and I have followed their instructions but it refuses to run the Java program so that another program can simulate Windows.
Supposed to be super easy. Sure, until I try it. *sigh* So I have done the next best thing. I have asked two people that are Linux users of a long time how to get Java into Wine.
Sounds kind of silly, Java into Wine. I mean, who would want coffee in their wine or vice-versa? LOL

No comments: