Monday, January 17, 2011

Ubuntu part two

Okay, so I installed Ubuntu then had the pleasure of watching it update 1224 files. And I have used it a few times now and it seems to work pretty well for surfing the internet.
I cannot use some programs that I have on Windows which is disheartening. So, today I downloaded a virtual machine program so I can (supposedly) run both Linux and Windows at the same time.
The problem with the Virtual box program is that Ubuntu says it opened it but I cannot find it anywhere! I tried a file search but came up empty. I didn't have time to play with it today but I will try again tomorrow.
The thing I really like about Ubuntu at the moment is how quickly it works with Zynga games. On Windows XP it took what seemed like forever to work in Cafe World. With Ubuntu, no problem.
The other thing that has me sold right now is the lack of errors I am getting. I play on Marapets all the time and on Xp it doesn't usually take too long before it slows to a crawl then gives me a message saying I have run out of Virtual Memory. I have yet to see any error messages on Ubuntu ecept for when I've asked it to do something it cannot do. Guess it doesn't understand typos lol

No comments: