Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ubuntu?

I am seriously considering a switch of operating systems. I'm tired of all the Windows crashes and freezes just because my computer isn't a giant server hooked into some humongous speed freak of an internet connection and filled with lots and lots of memory.
The other thing that has me bugged is I now know why so many hackers like Microsoft Windows. Watching my computer start up I see that I am connected to the internet long before Microsoft Security Essentials is turned on to "protect" my computer. Shouldn't Security come first??
I have a nice computer. An HP with one gig of RAM which should be more than enough to run the simple programs that I run and surf the net. But, more and more of late, Windows just isn't cutting the mustard.
Someone suggested Ubuntu and I am looking into it to see if I can use it. My primary concern will be can I use it to access the game lobby that I am a chat moderator in. If not then I will have to switch back and forth between Ubuntu and Windows and that would stink.
I am a careful investigator where computer programs go so Time will tell if Ubuntu works for me or not.

No comments: