Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ubuntu versus XP

I've been using Ubuntu for a few days now and I have to say I like it. I get frustrated by the constant updates to it though, especially when they decide to update 1500 files all at once as this takes an enormous amount of time even with DSL.
I also have now downloaded VirtualBox but have yet to quite figure out how to get Windows XP to work on Ubuntu. Maybe because I am not a computer whiz kid. I know it can be accomplished I just need to find the directions and translate them into ordinary English instead of the computer geek language they are written in now.
All in all though I do think that Ubuntu is confusing at first it is as easy or easier to use than Windows. I am using Ubuntu now as I sit here typing this blog entry.
I do need Windows for some things though as not every program in the computer world is Linux compatible. The game site where I moderate the chat lobby for instance is not Linux friendly. So, I definitely need XP for that! I have a few programs on XP that I'm sure are the same way so I will spend the next few days trying to figure out how to get VirtualBox to work and I'll let you know if I succeed or fail.

No comments: