Saturday, January 22, 2011

I don't care

In the game room that I moderate chat for there are many players from all over the globe. Some of them truly do struggle with English and sometimes get frustrated when I or another Mod has told them they must use English only. I can sympathize with their problem and I try to be lenient with them and tell them to do the best that they can or use a translator. I have to laugh at the translators though as even they sometimes don't get English quite right.
Some foreign players swear they don't speak English. They tell us that IN English! LOL And, if you tell them that you will take away their chat if they don't use English it is surprising how many of them can actually swear in English! Not bad for not knowing the language.
But the players that always crack me up and make the mods job easier is when they have been told that you will take away their chat they reply with "I don't care". If they don't care, I don't care either. Simple enough. It's just too bad that these are the players that so frequently complain that the mods took away their chat for three hours or however long the ban was. Gee, I thought they didn't care.

No comments: