Friday, October 21, 2011

Air

I went out this afternoon, just a short walk to the garbage can. I went without my oxygen, because I didn't think I would need any for that short a distance. I was okay there although I was short of breath once I got back into the house. I admit I made it though.
After a few hours I decided to go out and pick up the mail. This is a bit longer trip, all the way across the street. I tried to walk slowly but I didn't accomplish this at all. I never have walked slowly and doing so drives me crazy. Okay, wait, I lied there. I once walked slowly, I was a little boy with little feet and couldn't even remotely keep up with my stepfather. He was tall and took some long strides!
I made it to the mailbox, already out of breath. Stopped for a moment, as if I was checking the mail, then turned to head back to the house. The neighbor was in the driveway so I didn't want to have to stop and be down close to the ground. I didn't want him to ask if I was okay and I really didn't want his puppy to bound towards me and maybe knock me over.
I made it to the trashcans to rest, throwing out one junk mail piece in the recycle can. That looked normal enough. Then I practically ran back to the back door, inside the house and over to my chair to the oxygen tube.
I really do need that air :(

No comments: