Monday, October 17, 2011

Traffic

As I wrote previously I have been using some traffic exchanges to advertise a couple of sites including this blog. And I have noticed a few odd things while surfing ads that truly make me go hmmmmm.....
Since there appear to be so many programs out there that will make you a millionaire with little or no money to start with why aren't there more wealthy people surfing the internet? And, if these programs work so easily and so well why are these millionaires still advertising it? Why aren't they relaxing somewhere? How man millions do you need to make to be happy?
Some of the ads allow you to add your own photo to make it seem more personal and that's not a bad thing. But, I wonder how many of these advertisers actually look at the photo they are using? I am amazed at how often the photos look more like mug shots from the police department than a personal photo. And on at least one ad there are two people pictured. I gotta say, when I first looked at it it made me laugh. They look more like they belong on a page that says "Have you seen these two serial killers?" My daughter looked at that ad and immediately wondered Why is that one in the woods? LOL
In spite of just how long the internet has been around there are still some that seem to think they are still advertising in magazines. They not only want your name and email address they want a telephone number. What the heck? Are they not only going to spam me to death they want to hound me like a telemarketer too? No thanks!

What these ads really need is to keep everything simple. Show me what you are advertising without making me scroll all over the page to figure things out. Simple is best.
Oh, yeah, they also need more pretty girls to look at so I actually want to look at the ads :)

No comments: