Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Doctor Visit Part 2

So I went to see the doctor. First off I embarrassed myself with a taxi driver. I thought the doctor's office was a tad farther from my house and didn't think I would be able to walk it so I called my usual taxi driver. He picked me up, I told him where I was going and he was wondering why I didn't just walk over there since it is less than three blocks from the house lol I felt really stupid!
The doctor visit went well. He gave me a quick exam and we spent some time talking, unusual for a doctor but nice to see. He gave me the usual stuff, reflexes, leg and arm strength, stuff like that.
Then we got down to brass tacks. We discussed the inhalers I have been using since I left the Er and he wrote me a new prescription for them. Wow! I was happy! I thought I was going to have to work hard to keep those. We also discussed my smoking which is always a given with doctors. He asked if my quitting was a possibility and I laughed and rolled my eyes. He just nodded and that was the end of that discussion.
He ordered a whole bunch of lab work that I must now do soon because he (and I) are curious as to why my weight has fallen quite so drastically. Twenty pounds is no big deal for most people but if you weigh 103 it is a very big deal indeed :(
So, lab work next, continue with the inhalers and the oxygen for however long I get to keep that and hopefully better health awaits...

No comments: