Monday, March 14, 2011

Cafe World

My wife, my daughter and myself all play on Facebook. We play Farmville and a lovely game, if you can call it a game, called Cafe World. You design your own cafe then cook items in it to serve to customers. It's fun although it can be time consuming.
When I bought my wife her new computer I was certain that it would easily handle the things that she needs to do and those she wants to do, like Cafe World. It has one Gig of RAM and that should be plenty to handle everything. Unfortunately this is not the case.
She can do everything she wants to do except Cafe World. For some strange reason Cafe World sucks up all the available memory then slows the computer down to a snails pace. Yes, eventually Cafe World will load but she has neither the time nor the patience to wait for this glorious occurrence.
Certainly seems odd to me that this program does what it does. Other Zynga games like Farmville don't take up all the memory and slow things down that much. They do take a lot of memory but Cafe World is the worst. This makes my wife sad as she really loved doing her cafe in the past.
I am hoping that things will change. I saw somewhere recently that some Linux programming people were going to work at Zynga. Perhaps they can fix Cafe World so that it runs well on an ordinary computer instead of the high speed, super-duper server that the current programmers must be using.
Actually I think if the current people got rid of some of the junk that they feel must be loaded each and every time one goes to their cafe the silly thing wouldn't require so much memory to run.

No comments: