Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cleaning It Up

Last night my wife's computer was dragging itself. Too pooped to run several programs at the same time that require memory and space.I told her I would come and look at it but she said no, she would just reboot. This helped her a little but still the computer was slower than usual.
Today my two females are out watching a movie at the dollar theater. So, I had time to go and look at her computer without her being around to complain. Just because I have managed to blow up more than one computer in the nine years she and I have lived together is no reason to doubt my abilities LOL
I did manage to clean it up, ran several cleaning up processes that I have learned through the years and now it should be better and faster than it was. I was surprised that, when I ran the Analyzer, it said the drive did not need defragging.
Her computer is off now, resting. She won't be home for a few hours so she can start it back up when she gets here and then I will know if the cleaning up helped.
Oh, I also updated her Java. Whenever she sees these little update boxes she almost always refuses to do the update. Since one of the programs she was having minor trouble with last night is Java based, I'm sure that will help as well.
Those two girls need to clean their temp files from time to time and do the updates when they occur. Might help them keep their computer in better shape.

No comments: