Monday, March 7, 2011

OOPS For The Laptop

Okay, so I am on the laptop and I go to use a program and it isn't there. What the heck? I also notice that the games folder is now empty. Hmmm...
A day or so ago I decided to get rid of some Windows programs that I do not use and have no plans to use like Outlook Express and Messenger. Apparently by removing these junk programs I also deleted the Accessories and Games Programs. Why all these things are connected only the foolish people at Microsoft can explain although I have my doubts of that.
Thankfully there is System Restore to rescue my idiotic self. I went back to a restore point and got everything back. I then tried to delete Messenger again and guess what? It deleted the Games and Accessories files again! Another Restore and all is back to the way it was.
I then had to go and update the wireless connection driver since I had updated to a new driver after the restore date. I really hate having my wireless connection drop down to 1 MB per second or whatever it is. Not cool at all :(
So, I guess I am stuck with the stupid programs that Windows thinks that I need. At least all is working properly with the stuff I truly do need, like the internet browsers.
And the fine folks at Windows and Microsoft wonder why people switch to Linux instead. get a grip, people!

No comments: