Friday, March 18, 2011

Laptop Typing

I really love my new laptop but I don't care that much for typing with it. I just don't know how anyone could stand to type a lot with a laptop but I know that some folks write entire books using their laptops.
Maybe it is because I tend to hit the keys too hard, I do it on my desktop PC as well. My wife always complains that I must be angry when I am typing and reminds me that a soft touch will make the keys type just as well as pounding on them.
I'd like to think that my problem is that I am old enough to remember typing on a real typewriter, a Royal manual one in fact. I loved that old typewriter and was never impressed with the electric typewriters. I used electric ones to type up college term papers but writing on one of them machines was not as enjoyable as my old standard Royal machine.
And, of course there is always the fact that my fingers just don't type as well as they did when I was a young man. But, I try my best to do the things I need to do fumbling as I go.
I am sitting in the living room with my laptop typing this entry as I did the previous one on cigars. I am here because it is warmer in this room and the laptop itself is providing some warmth for my lap. I am still cold even though it is now afternoon and the house is normally warmed up by now.

No comments: