Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cold Today

I awoke to find, as usual, this house is cold. yes, I know that it isn't quite Spring yet but it is cold in this house. So I did what I do every day, I turned on the heater top help thaw out the house as well as my arthritic joints and bones. Being old is a pain, literally.
I turn the heater off when I head for this kitchen and my computer and normally that is okay, the house isn't hot but it is livable. Today however it is still kind of chilly. My wrists and fingers hurt. I was thinking of switching over to the laptop in the living room and turning the heater back on but my daughter is cleaning that room and I don't want to be in there. She is listening to a sermon from her church while she cleans and I don't wish to be that close to the recording either.
A few minutes ago my daughter came into the room and asked if we minded if she turned the heater on. I said okay and her mother acted shocked that the kid would even think of such a thing. Usually the kid is hot and wants the fan on lol
So, sensing some displeasure on her mother's part, the kid said she would wait a while and see if she is still cold. Darn, I was hoping.
As you may have sensed I will be happier when Spring gets her and it starts to warm up. I will be even happier when Summer gets here LOL

No comments: