Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Remote Security

A few mornings ago I opened the window shade here by my computer to let in a little sunlight and, as I opened it, I saw a young black man running into the yard to take what he perceives to be a shortcut to the other street. A little while later I find the police in my yard searching the property. They even looked in my trashcan! So, being nosy, I went out and asked them if I could help them. Turns out they were looking for the young black man I had seen in my yard earlier along with a young black female I had seen on the street that did not take the shortcut. The police did not say why they were looking for them but I later found out from a friend that they had robbed the new store that had just opened up a week or so ago. Welcome to the neighborhood!
My neighborhood is not the best, there are working class people here and a whole lot of poorer people and some drug users as well. I try to never leave my house unguarded for very long as I like to come home and find my things are still here. I do not have much but what I have is mine and I'd like to keep it that way.
Now there is a way that I can leave my home and still feel like everything will be there when I get back. I can get a remote security system that allows me that comfort and freedom. With this system I can activate alarm settings, turn on lights if I am out later than expected, and I can view live video of my property. Amazing!
If you live in a neighborhood like mine, or worse, I urge you to check and see what great security options are available to you from ADT. Then you too can leave your home and feel like things will still be there when you return. Don't lose your valuable items to a thief!

No comments: